Terms of Service
Account Deletion Request
When a user wishes to withdraw from membership, the user himself/herself may request to delete the account by using the in-game setting menu or through customer support. To process the account deletion, documents and user account information should be presented to verify the account and proceed with the request. Upon completion of the account deletion request, all personal information of the user is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. However, the company may keep the information for a certain period for the user’s protection as stipulated in the relevant laws and personal information processing policy.
Purpose of collection and use of personal information
The company uses the collected personal information only for the following purposes, and if the purpose of use is changed, the company takes necessary measures, such as obtaining separate consent. However, if the customer agrees to provide personal information to a third party in advance or there is a basis for relevant laws and regulations, the company may provide the customer's personal information to external parties.
• Implementation of contract for service provision and settlement of fees for service provision
• Event winning information, event prize delivery, content provision, purchase, and payment
• Member Management
Identity verification according to membership service use, prevention of illegal and unauthorized use, age verification, confirmation of consent of legal representatives when collecting personal information of children under 13 years old, complaint handling, notice delivery, sharing in-game, checking the status of content usage, checking to provide separate services for each customer.
• Used for marketing and advertising, affiliate and consignment business
Development and specialization of new services (products), delivery of advertising information such as events, provision of services and advertisements according to demographic characteristics, identification of access frequency or statistics on member service use, and provision of promotion/event services
Period of retention and use of personal information
• For personal information collected with the consent of the user, the company may retain and use the user’s personal information while the user’s membership is maintained. If the user requests to withdraw from the membership, the account information will be completely deleted and cannot be retrieved nor restored. However, for the purpose of recovery and protection of victims in the event of damage caused by personal information theft, the company may keep the user’s information for a maximum of 30 days from the date of withdrawal, up to the period set by the individual service, and then completely delete it. In addition, there are exceptions in cases where the user’s consent is obtained individually or in the case of preservation in accordance with the provisions of related laws.
• The company aims to protect the personal information of users who have not used the service for 6 consecutive months (hereinafter referred to as "dormant account"). We will take necessary measures, such as destroying information.
• If the company needs to preserve the customer's personal information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, the company keeps the information for the period stipulated by the related laws. (However, records of service use restrictions are kept during the service period.)
Procedure and method of destruction of personal information
In principle, after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved, the company destroys the information without delay. The destruction procedure and method are as follows.
• Destruction procedure
If the information entered by the customer for membership registration, etc. has to be kept after the personal information retention period has elapsed or the purpose has been achieved, as stipulated by related laws, the company may move the personal information to a separate database (DB) or it is stored in a different storage location and then destroyed. The company does not use the stored personal information for any other purpose other than those stipulated in the relevant laws.
• Destruction method
Personal information stored in electronic file format is deleted using a technical method that cannot reproduce the record. Personal information printed on paper is shredded with a shredder or destroyed through incineration.
Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
The company is taking the following technical and managerial measures to ensure safety so that personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered, or damaged in processing the users’ personal information.
• Administrative measures: Establishment/implementation of the internal management plan, minimization of processing staff, regular in-house training for employees, and external training for personal information handling personnel, etc.
• Technical measures: management of access rights of personal information processing system, etc., installation of access control system, encryption of unique identification information, installation of latest vaccine and security programs, data backup, etc.
• Physical measures: Control access and access to computer rooms, data storage rooms, etc.
However, despite the fact that the company has fulfilled its obligation to protect personal information, the company is not responsible for any damage not attributable to the company, such as the user's negligence or accidents in areas not managed by the company.